Android mobile phones cover the largest market share around for all mobile devices. It should come as no surprise, then, that you can install Kodi on Android mobile phones quickly and easily. Kodi works on all modern and many early model Android devices. You’ll find the current stable version, 16.1 Jarvis, readily available on the Google Play store, with the popular Confluence skin preinstalled.
Before we Proceed
We highly recommend using a VPN when using Kodi. Kodi users have been known to receive copyright infringement notices for streaming movies, sports, and TV shows through various App. If you would like to keep your streaming habits private, our recommendation is - a complete privacy solution for Kodi users. It's also worth noting that purchasing a 12 month subscription will give you two months free.
A Note on IPVanish
Although we suggest IPVanish for streaming through your Android mobile phone (and other Android mobile devices, such tablets and phablets) we’d like to note here that IPVanish includes a handy mobile application for Android devices. Before downloading Kodi on your Android phone (or before downloading and streaming through any App), head over to your Google Play store and search for “IPVanish”. You’ll quickly locate the “IPVanish VPN” addon. You can install this addon completely free. With an IPVanish account, you can also run multiple devices, so all of your Android-based devices, as well as you computer, can be secured through IPVanish with all of the same benefits a the same time. This includes the service’s proprietary Scramble function and wide range of VPN servers.
How to Install Kodi on Android Mobile Device
Installing Kodi on an Android mobile phone is faster and easier than on most other devices. Follow the simple guide below:
- First, head over to your Google Play store
- Next, type in “Kodi” in the search bar
- On the Kodi app page, click on “Install”
- You’ll find your Kodi in the applications of your Android mobile phone. Chances are it was also added to your home screen.
- Open up your Kodi. If you have Kodi on a PC or Mac computer, you’ll note that the layout is exactly the same, right down to how you manipulate the interface. The current standard build is 16.1 Jarvis with the Confluence skin.
- From here, you can install App and programs the same way as with the Windows or Mac versions of Kodi. For example, I headed over to the Videos > App section and installed the BuzzFeed addon from the Official Kodi Repository. This is just to show you that the Kodi’s Android version for mobile phones works just as well as the Mac or Windows version, just on a smaller scale.